How to Get Molecular Stabilizers - Fast and FREE
One of the most expensive materials for end-game armorings, mods, barrels, hilts, and enhancements are Molecular Stabilizers ("mole stabs"). The other materials like Mandalorian Iron, Durasteel, and Zal Alloys are done through normal crew skill missions. But mole stabs are actually easy to get with just a little work.
- PVP (Fastest Method): If you are an artifice, cybertech, biochem, armstech, etc you can actually reverse engineer ("RE") War Hero gear and get molecular stabilizers. For instance, I have two toons - one is an artifice and another is a cybertech. I can use my cybertech to RE armorings and mods, and my artifice, I'll send him the WH enhancement via legacy armor, and RE it. This nets me a total of 3-4 mats per War Hero glove. In 1.6, that's about 6 war zones and you now have 600k credits worth of mats.
- First time ops: All story mode ops like Denova (Explosive Conflict, "EC") or Astion (Terror From Beyond, "TFB") award enough molecular stabilizers for one armoring. Pick up the quest, finish it with a level 50 toon, and you'll get awarded, I believe 4 mole stabs by just finishing the quest for the first time.
- Recurring ops: EC or TFB ops award mole stabs are awarded through different chests and randomly drop from mobs.
- Space missions: If you do all of your dailies and get up to 200 fleet commendations, you can go to the fleet commendation vendor across the Galactic Trade Network (GTN) and purchase a craft 8 box that has a high chance of giving you mole stabs.
- BH comms: You can also RE Black Hole armorings, and mods. You may even be lucky to learn a schematic (20% chance). All RE'd armors/mods/etc. will give you a mole stab.
You can obviously buy mole stabs from the GTN for 130-150k a piece, or you can be a boss, and actually farm -- equip yourself and make yourself a millionaire (in-game).
[ If you're on the Bastion, here's the stuff we craft FREE with your mats: Home Page ]
Yours Truly, ~LastDon